Source: Cancer Prevention
Because I love you, I want to tell you this;
Each year, over 12 million people receive a cancer diagnosis and 7.6 million die of the disease. The good news is that approximately 40% of cancers are potentially preventable. The campaign is focusing on how the risk of developing cancer can significantly be reduced through simple measures:
- Stop tobacco use and avoid exposure to second-hand smoke
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid excessive sun exposure
- Maintain a healthy weight, through eating healthily and exercising regularly
- Protect against cancer-causing infections.