Sunday, December 16, 2012

Give Yourself Time to Heal

Picture Credit : Time heal all wounds


I found this from my old friend's blog : Alinzoro. Just like to share the quotes with everyone.

"...but the truth is that, in the end, it was simply time that made the difference. Gradually I began to pick up the pieces of myself, and rediscover some enthusiasm for life. Sometimes all you can do is allow yourself to go through the process. 


I learned to be gentle with myself, to accept that it would take time to absorb everything that had happened, and that grieving would be ongoing. It took about a year, maybe a little more, before I started to come out of the darkness.

The depression slowly ebbed away, leaving me changed in a thousand tiny ways, and with a far deeper understanding of, and respect for, life’s essentially cyclical nature..."

No comments: